What is personal information?
Personal information means any information that could be used by Quovant to identify an individual. This includes your name, identification number, location data or online identifiers. Quovant is required to gather personal information for establishing a Client account and identifying Authorized Users.
What is personal information?
The personal information we collect about you includes your name, company name, company address, phone number and email. Not all of this information comes directly from you as your co-workers may enter it to create your login credentials. Additionally, we may capture personal information outside of the system should you contact our support services regarding product inquiries. Finally, should you decide to pay for LegalBill using our automated services, we do collect financial information required for credit card and ACH transactions.
How we use your personal information
Except as described below, your personal information is not provided, loaned, sold or rented to any third party and is used strictly for the following business-related purposes:
- Free Trial – We collect your name, company, phone number and email to establish an account for your 30 day trial.
- Authorized Users – We collect your name, company and email to establish you as an Authorized User of LegalBill.
- Financial Information – If you elect to pay using our automated services, we use a third-party to process credit card and ACH transactions. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain or use your data except for processing financial data on Quovant’s behalf.
- Support Services – We collect your name and contact information should you require product support services. This may also include information about your computer, browser, internet provider, etc.
- Reminders/Alerts – System reminders and alerts are automated both inside LegalBill and via email notices. These contain your personal information.
- Marketing/Education Materials – We may email you regarding certain product promotions or training services which always include an opt-out option.
- Account Management – Your personal and company data is used in our CRM and accounting systems to manage your account.
- Single-Sign On – We integrate with identity providers to make it easier to log in and authenticate that you are a valid user.
Usage Data and De-Identified Data
Personal information does not include Usage Data or De-Identified Data. Usage data is anonymized data that we collect to better understand how you use LegalBill to help us create a better user experience. De-identified data is anonymized data that is aggregated and rolled-up to report outcomes. For example, we may roll up spend data by matter type and store in our data warehouse for analytics. You benefit from this by being able to benchmark your performance across our entire client base. While you can see your outcomes, they are not shared across other accounts within LegalBill.
For security and tracability we maintain log files which capture the users IP address, browser, service provider, pages accessed, operating system, and date/time stamp. Although it does not contain your personal information, we may connect this to the log files to troubleshoot issues to improve our services. The log files only collect this data while you are logged into LegalBill.
We use web beacons primarily in marketing and training emails to help us track what content is most effective. For example, when you open an email and click on the content we get a return token that allows us to associate it to you so we can verify you’ve read it.
Protection of Information
Quovant maintains commercially reasonable safeguards to secure your data. These safeguards include encryption of your data in transmission (SSL or similar). You understand that Quovant cannot be held responsible for any loss or compromise of data transmitted across computer networks that are not owned by Quovant. Your Data is encrypted at rest (in the LegalBill database) as are any documents attached and saved to the LegalBill file system. Your Data is replicated across multiple server instances to limit locational failover. LegalBill is a multi-tenant SaaS application. Your Data is kept secure on the Client account level. Within each Client account, access to your Data is controlled at the Authorized User level. It is Client’s responsibility to determine Authorized User data access. Quovant is a SOC2 and SOC3 certified entity and is independently audited annually to maintain certification.
To European Union Residents
Quovant processes your personal data in accordance with the EU data protection legislation, including national or international legislation implementing the EU Data Protection Directive (until superseded), the Privacy in Electronic Communications (“ePrivacy”) Directive (EU), and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), as amended or superseded.
Please read this Policy carefully and contact Quovant if you have any questions about our privacy practices or your personal information choices. It is important that you check back often for updates to this Policy. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Services and/or contact you using other methods such as email.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
- Access to personal information: If you request access to your personal information, we will gladly comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data.
- Correction and deletion: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your personal information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your personal information; however, this may not always be possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors.
- Filing a complaint: If you are not satisfied with how Quovant manages your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator.
How long we keep personal information
Quovant implements policies and rules relating to the retention of personal information. We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, Quovant takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete it.
How to Contact Us
We understand that you may have questions or concerns about this Policy or our privacy practices. Should you have issues, concerns or require clarification, please contact us at:
Quovant Data Protection
Address: 696 Melrose Avenue, Nashville Tennessee U.S.A.
Attn: Quovant Privacy and Security Officer